1. Who we are
We are Trickle and we respect your privacy. This policy describes how we use your personal information.
Trickle Data Insights Limited (company number SC567746, having its registered office at 5 South Charlotte Street, Edinburgh, EH2 4AN), (“we”) respect your privacy and value the trust you place in us when you share your personal information with us.
This policy sets out how we, as data controller, collect and use your personal information, why we use it, with whom we share it, the rights to which you may be entitled and your choices about our use of your personal information.
This policy covers our use of your personal information arising from use of this website as well as registering / subscribing / buying / using our products and services via our web, desktop and mobile apps.
If you have any questions or need any further clarity, please get in touch. Contact details are set out below.
2. Your information
2.1 Data Collection and Usage
We will collect and use your personal data when you request to receive information from us.
|What we collect||How we use it|
|1||We use this information, including to:||Information that you give us, whether online or over the phone including:|
|2||Information about the way you use our services including:||We use this information, including to:|
|3||Information when you communicate with us whether in person, through our website or via email, over the phone, through social media or via any other medium, including:||We use this information, including to:|
|4||Information provided as part of your account including:||We use this information, including to:|
|5||Information that we collect through your use of our website including:||We use this information, including to:|
|6||Information that we collect incidentally from other sources or public sources, including:||We use this information, including to:|
|7||Information that we collect from individuals representing organisations, including:||We use this information, including to:|
Why we collect and how long we keep your information
We collect and use your information for a variety of reasons, including collecting aggregate statistics from standard web server log files.
Some information processing is required by law due to our anti-fraud screening obligations or in the public interest such as making sure we verify our customers’ identities.
Some information is processed because you’ve given your consent to that, which can be withdrawn.
Other information we collect because we have legitimate business interests, for example, in:
- Understanding how our customers use our services and websites;
- Understanding and responding to customer feedback;
- Researching and analysing the services our customers want;
- Improving our services;
- Understanding the type of products and services our customers buy and how they use them;
- Personalise our offers so we’re better able to provide offers and ideas that are relevant to you;
- Maintaining a public profile on both traditional and social media;
- Providing security over our business and who we trade with; or
- Developing and maintaining relationships with vendors, partners and other companies and dealing with individuals who work for them in our sector.
We will keep your information for as long as it is reasonably necessary. It will depend on factors such as whether you have any outstanding purchases or an account with us or have interacted with recent offers. We will also routinely refresh our information to ensure we keep it up-to-date.
Your personal information may also be processed if it is necessary on reasonable request by a law enforcement or regulatory authority, body or agency or in the defence of a legal claims. We will not delete personal information if relevant to an investigation or a dispute. It will continue to be stored until those issues are fully resolved.
Information we share
There are certain circumstances where we may transfer your personal data to employees, contractors and to other parties.
- We may share your information with certain contractors or service providers. They may process your personal data for us, for example, if we use a marketing agency. Other recipients/service providers include advertising agencies, IT specialists, database providers, backup and disaster recovery specialists, email providers or outsourced call centres.
Our suppliers and service providers will be required to meet our standards on processing information and security. The information we provide them, including your information, will only be provided in connection with the performance of their function.
- We may also share your information with certain third parties. We will do this either when we receive your consent or because we need them to see your information to provide products or services to you. These include credit reference agencies, anti-fraud databases, screening agencies and other partners we do business with.
Your personal information may be transferred to other third party organisations in certain scenarios:
- If we’re discussing selling or transferring part or all of our business — the information may be transferred to prospective purchasers under suitable terms as to confidentiality;
- If we are reorganised or sold, information may be transferred to a buyer who can continue to provide services to you;
- If we’re required to by law, or under any regulatory code or practice we follow, or if we are asked by any public or regulatory authority — for example the Police;
- If we are defending a legal claim your information may be transferred as required in connection with defending such claim.
Your personal data may be shared if it is made anonymous and aggregated, as in such circumstances the information will cease to be personal data.
Where your information will be held
We currently store your information within the European Economic Area. If this position changes, please be assured that we will advise you of this and will only transfer data to jurisdictions outside the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) where the appropriate safeguards set out in the GDPR are in place.
3. Your rights
You may have certain rights in relation to your information including a right to access or to correct the information we hold on you. Other rights may be available in certain circumstances.
Data Subject Rights
we’ve listed the rights you have over your information and how you can use them below.
These rights will only apply in certain circumstances. They will generally not be available if there are outstanding contracts between us, if we are required by law to keep the information or if the information is relevant to a legal dispute.
- You can remove consent, where you have provided it, at any time.
- You can ask us to confirm if we are processing your information.
- You can ask for access to your information.
- You can ask to correct your information if it’s wrong.
- You can ask us to delete your information.
- You can ask us to restrict how we use your information.
- You can ask us to help you move your information to other companies.
To help with that, you have a right to ask that we provide your information in an easily readable format to another company.
- You can ask us to stop using your personal information, but only in certain cases.
- You have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact our Data Protection Officer: [email protected]
Changes to the policy
This policy will be changed from time to time.
If we change anything important about this policy (the information we collect, how we use it or why) we will highlight those changes at the top of the policy and provide a prominent link to it for a reasonable length of time following the change.
We are committed to keeping your personal information safe. we’ve got physical, technical and administrative measures in place to prevent unauthorised access or use of your information.
NPS Amazon Echo Competition Terms & Conditions
1. By entering the prize draw you are agreeing to the below terms and conditions.
2. The prize draw is being run by Trickle Data Insights Limited.
3. The prize draw is open to all entrants approached by Trickle Data Insights Limited to complete the NPS Survey 2021.
4. In entering the prize draw, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win.
5. A maximum of one entry per individual is permitted.
6. The prize draw is free to enter.
7. To enter the prize draw simply indicate so on the NPS survey and enter your email address.
8. Trickle Data Insights Limited will not accept responsibility if contact details provided are incomplete or inaccurate.
9. The prize will be one Amazon Echo.
10. Trickle Data Insights Limited use of particular brands as prizes does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement of such brands.
11. The winner will be drawn at random.
12. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternatives will be offered.
13. We reserve the right to substitute prizes with another prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond our control make it necessary to do so.
14. The decision of Trickle Data Insights Limited regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
15. The winner will be notified Thursday 25th of February 2021 via the email provided to enter.
16. Trickle Data Insights Limited will attempt to contact the winner by email up to two times.
17. If the winner does not respond to the emails notifying them of their win within 14 days of the second email, they will lose their right to the prize, and Trickle Data Insights Limited reserves the right to choose and notify a new winner.
18. Please allow for up to 14 days for delivery of the prize
19. You consent to any personal information you provide in entering the prize draw being used by Trickle Data Insights Limited for the purposes of administering the prize draw, and for those purposes as defined within our privacy notice.
20. All personal information shall be used in accordance with Trickle Data Insights Limited Privacy Notice.
21. Trickle Data Insights Limited does not accept any liability for any damage, loss, injury or disappointment suffered by any entrants as a result of either participating in the prize draw or being selected for a prize, save that Trickle Data Insights Limited does not exclude its liability for death or personal injury as a result of its own negligence.
22. Trickle Data Insights Limited does not provide any form of practical or IT support for this prize. On receipt, all responsibilities relating to warranty and the product are that of the prize winner.
23. Trickle Data Insights Limited reserves the right to cancel the prize draw or amend these terms and conditions at any time, without prior notice.