Why Do Organisations Need To Focus On Better Employee Engagement?
25th August 2019
There is lots of research around supporting the need for great Employee Engagement and the problem with such a vast array of reading is deciding where to start. There’s the obvious question of which sources can be most trusted to questions around where do I find the best research in the first place.
So, we thought it would be helpful and a time-saving exercise to put our favourite Employee Engagement research and articles into one blog for you to enjoy. And, if we’re being honest, it’s also for our own benefit. It’s always good to have things structured neatly with hyperlinks!
Why Does A Platform Like Trickle Need to Exist?
Trickle helps organisations focus on putting their people first rather than; customers, profit, productivity, etc. We know that if you listen and engage on what matters most to your people, you will create a happy work environment and all those other target areas will then come more easily.
You don’t however have to take our word for it. Here are a few interesting reads which back our belief that every organisation should take a People First approach:
- According to a recent study by McKinsey & Company, those organisations with a competitive advantage are those who put emphasis on a positive work culture. They found those companies with top-rated company cultures are 60% more productive than their competitors and in our fast-paced world, they are also 70% more likely to adapt well to change. Read full article
- Continuing with the theme of a happier workforce leading directly to more engaged and productive people, Forbes have also written a similar piece. Forbes however, have outlined specific job functions and were able to establish for sales people in particular, when they are part of a positive work environment, their sales revenue increases by up to 37%. Read full article
- A further study by Harvard Business Review, highlights the importance of investing in people. They claim a happy employee is more than twice as productive as a satisfied employee and more than three times as productive as a dissatisfied employee. Read full article
- An additional article recently posted on Linkedin by a seasoned Recruiting and Operations Manager (Tammy Stone) also highlights the importance of ensuring a positive company culture to keep your ‘rock star’ employees interested in their role within your organisation. In fact, Tammy emphasises that money is no longer a sole driving factor keeping people in their roles and suggests it’s the overall package (including culture) which people are prioritising to keep them happy at work. Read full article
- Lastly, a second study by Harvard Business Review found that by embracing the way people are now expecting to work and introducing social media-like tools in the workplace, Employee Engagement will increase as well as an employees’ ability to do their job quickly and to a higher standard. Read full article
Why not get in touch to find out how Trickle can help your organisation create a positive work culture. A culture where your people will have a voice and bring innovation to your organisation, consequently inspiring them to be more engaged, thrive and help to boost your business.
Let's start a conversation
By giving your people a place to voice their suggestions & concerns when they need to, you’ll inspire a happier, more productive and loyal workforce.